Plant City resident and season 1 MasterChef winner Whitney Miller Humphrey will release her second cookbook this month.
“Whitney Miller’s New Southern Table” is a unique spin on classic southern favorites.
“Preserving traditional family flavors, I also add my own special touches by lightening up classic dishes without losing flavor, experimenting with different southern ingredients, and using new techniques and cooking methods I’ve learned over the years,” Miller Humphrey said.
Miller Humphrey is from Mississippi but moved to Plant City. She won MasterChef when she was a 22-year-old college student.
Miller Humphrey will be on tour this winter. She will make a stop in Plant City Saturday, Nov. 7, at Fringe Boutique, 601 E. Alexander St. There she will have a book signing and food tasting from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Campfire S’Mores Scones
- Meatloaf Po’ Boy
- Cinnamon and Spice Sweet Potato Tots
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apple Butter, Green Apple and Candied Pecans
- Pimento Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- Collard Greens Wrapped Pork Loin
- Mustard Greens Pesto
- Venison Sloppy Joes
- Sweet Corn Grit Tamales with Barbecue Shrimp and Corn Salad
- White Chocolate Bread Pudding Beignets
- White Hot Chocolate
- Sweet Tea Peach Cobbler