High 5 moments 3.15.18
- The Plant City Recreation and Parks Department is still looking for some coaches to fill open spots on five of the 94 teams and asks anyone interested in coaching boys or girls soccer to call 813-659-4255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Valid photo ID and a background check are required. Games begin March 20 and 24.
- Registration for the 2018 Spring Youth Fishing Derby is getting started. The Recreation and Parks Department holds youth derbies every spring and fall at the pond behind Plant City Stadium, which is accessible from Gordon Food Service Drive. Registration is free and may be done through April 5 at the department office, 1904 S. Park Road, online at ow.ly/Ojcc30iTBhI or on-site from 7:30 to 8:15 a.m. April 7. Fishing begins at 8:30 a.m. and stops at 10:30 a.m.
- The Plant City Family YMCA’s annual Dean’s Ride, featuring 18, 38 and 62-mile bike courses, is scheduled to start at 7:30 a.m. March 24 at Hillsborough Community College’s Plant City campus. Helmets are required to ride. Register online at ow.ly/iB3k30iTBVT or on-site the day of the event.
- The Plant City FC Lancers are also looking for soccer coaches for the 2018-19 season. Anyone interested in coaching youth travel competitive teams must email Joshua Kiper at email@example.com. Candidates will be able to coach up to two teams and will be paid based on experience and licensing.
- The Plant City Tennis Center is offering year-round evening classes for beginners age 4 and older in three-week blocks (total of six classes). Contact city pro C. Shane Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813-707-7485.