Lisa Rhodes was installed as the 2024 Chairman of the Board.
The Greater Plant City Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Gala was held last Friday night and was extra special because they also celebrated the organization’s 100th anniversary of providing leadership to improve Plant City’s businesses and community.
Held at the John R. Trinkle Center at Hillsborough Community College, last year’s Board of Directors was recognized, the honorary gavel was passed from 2023 Chairman of the Board Wesley Joyner to 2024 Chairman of the Board Lisa Rhodes, new board members were sworn in and local businesses recognized as the community’s “berry” best.
“As the gavel was passed through the past chairs and eventually Wesley Joyner I thought to myself I have some big shoes to fill,” said Rhodes. “Wesley was an inspiring leader as the 2023 chairman and I am grateful for his leadership, words of encouragement and his friendship.”
She said the months of planning to find the perfect way to honor the Chamber’s 100th anniversary and remember those who came before them was well worth the effort because the gala was a fitting tribute to the Chamber’s achievements.
“Christine Miller, the Chamber staff and the committee planned and executed an amazing event,” she said.
Rhodes looks forward to her leadership role at the Chamber this year. “2024 will be a very busy year for the Chamber as we continue to honor our past and elevate into the next 100 years,” she said.
After the passing of the gavel, 2024 Best of Plant City awards were presented to local citizens and businesses. Winners of the 2024 Best of Plant City Awards included:
* Non-Profit Award: McNeely Family Rescue
* Best Community Event Award: Avery Fales’ Cancer Fundraiser- Big Red Barn Events
* New Business of the Year Award: Rowan & Plum
* Member of the Year: Chuck Gore/Stahl Insurance
* Health, Wellness & Fitness Award: Your CBD Store
* Entrepreneur of the Year Award: The Trunzo Family
* Spirit of the Chamber Award: Tim Bosko
* Employer of the Year Award: Johnson’s Barbecue
* Emerging Leader Award: Brittany Keys
* Customer Service Award: Hungry Howie’s
* Community Service Award: Ryan Danielik/Outback Steakhouse
* Business of the Year: Keel Farms