Skip to main content
High 5 moments 6.7.18
- Key performers from Strawberry Crest’s state semifinal game: 1B/3B Derek Barone (1-for-2, RBI, run scored, walk), 3B/P Damien Torres (1-for-3, RBI, four batters retired in 1.1 innings), SP Brent May (5.2 IP, two earned runs, walk).
- The 2018 PCHS Summer Basketball Clinic lets kids age 6-14 learn fundamentals of the game and play in scrimmages. The cost is $115 per child. The next camp will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 9-12 at the Plant City High School gymnasium, 1 Raider Place. For more information, call Billy Teeden at 813-967-7551. The 2018 Summer Cheerleading Clinic is for kids age 4-13 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 17 and 18 and costs $75 per child. For more information, call Karen Snapp at 813-757-9370 or email [email protected].
- The Plant City Raiders 12U baseball team competed in the Disney memorial Day Baseball Classic from May 26-28 and won all six games they played. In the championship against the Plantation Stars, the team that gave the Raiders trouble in Little League states in 2017, Plant City picked up a 9-5 win with Anthony Palestrini’s walk-off grand slam. Deven Gonzalez, Tanner Rollyson and C.W. Watson also hit home runs in the grand finale.
- The 2018 American Ninja Warrior episode possibly featuring Colleen McCormack, Plant City resident and regular show contestant, is set to air at 8 p.m. next Wednesday, June 13 on NBC. The episode will show contestant runs from April’s Miami city competition.
- The Plant City Family YMCA is hosting clinics for basketball and soccer from July 9-13. Registration will be open through July 6. There will be a preschool sports sampler program for kids age 2-4 parents can sign up for by June 15. Midnight basketball for kids age 12-17 is set for June 22 and July 20. Registration may be done up until the day of each event. Call 813-757-6677 for more information.