Skip to main content
High 5 moments 4.12.18
- Tampa Dynamo FC is promoting two soccer events this summer. The first is a six-week 5v5 summer soccer league for boys and girls in grades 9-12, where campers play two games every Monday night for six weeks beginning June 11. Cost is $50 per player. The second event is a youth camp for kids age 5-14 that includes speed training, agility drills and technical skills, which will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in three periods of June 25-28, July 9-12 and July 23-26. The cost is $150 per camper with a $125 sibling discount. Strawberry Crest coach Ebony Robinson will be one of the camp coaches. To register and get more information, visit TampaDynamoFC.com.
- Fourteen young anglers caught 12 fish in the Spring 2018 Youth Fishing Derby, held behind Plant City Stadium Saturday morning. The Plant City Recreation and Parks Department's semi-annual fishing derby gave out six awards to winners in two age groups, but everyone who participated got to take home some tackle. See PlantCityObserver.com for the list of winners.
- Several baseball and softball games scheduled for Tuesday night were moved back to Wednesday, including Durant's home games against East Bay and Plant City's home games against Bloomingdale. Results from the Wednesday games were not available at press time. Check out next week's Plant City Observer for softball district tournament previews.
- Strawberry Crest's boys tennis team picked up a clean sweep win over Wharton, 7-0, on Monday. The win improved the Chargers' overall record to 11-1 on the season. They'll look to stay hot in today's regular-season finale at Bloomingdale.
- Durant, Plant City and Strawberry Crest high schools are getting ready for next week’s 4A-District 7 track and field district tournament, which will be held at 9 a.m. April 17 at Spoto High School. The 4A-Region 2 tournament will be held April 26 at George Jenkins High School and the state championships will take place from May 4-5 at the University of North Florida.