Skip to main content
High 5 moments 3.29.18
- Plant City High seniors Matt Simpson and Triston Evans represented the Raiders in the March 22 TBBCA All-Star Game at Tampa Prep and helped the East team pick up a 115-114 win. Evans was named the East team’s MVP for his efforts. Simpson also played in the March 24 FACA All-Star game at the RP Funding Center in Lakeland.
- The March 23 Jack Ryan Invitational at East Bay High was a success for Plant City’s track and field teams, with the boys winning first place and the girls placing second. Jordan Wiggins was named MVP of the meet. Durant’s boys placed fifth overall and the girls placed sixth, and Strawberry Crest’s boys placed sixth while the girls placed fifth.
- In the Federal Division Western Conference track meet at Spoto on Tuesday, Plant City’s boys placed second overall and the girls placed fourth. Durant’s boys and girls teams both placed ninth overall.
- Durant’s softball team put together a monster performance at Hillsborough on Monday night, beating the Terriers 20-0 in five innings with 11 hits and nine walks. Sophomore Jordan Noble had an extremely efficient game, smacking a home run with her only hit of the night, drawing walks in her three other plate appearances and finishing with three RBI.
- The Plant City High boys soccer team is about to get another trophy for its historic state championship win. The team will be presented with the Army National Guard national ranking trophy, associated with the MaxPreps Tour of Champions, at the school’s gymnasium at 1:45 p.m. this afternoon. Plant City finished the 2017-18 season as the 10th-ranked team in the country on MaxPreps.com, which accounts for more than 16,000 boys teams.